By Bella Thomas
When purchasing a outdoor rabbit hutch, here are some tips to take into consideration.
1. One thing that will help you make your decision about buying a hutch or a rabbit cage is by surfing the internet. You can get a pretty good idea about what is best for you and your bunny. You will be able to find outdoor rabbit hutch prices and find the one you need.
2. When buying your outdoor rabbit hutch you need to make sure it has a wire mesh floor. This will make it easier for cleaning. You also need to check and see if the hutch has a solid floor, this will give your rabbit a good place to sleep.
3. A outdoor rabbit hutch will provide a lot of room for your pet while making it easier on you to take care of it. Your hutch should be at least 4 times bigger than your bunny rabbit. Also you need to make sure that the rabbit hutch comes withe the basics like a feeder and a water bottle. Also an outdoor rabbit hutch should have plenty of room for your bunny rabbit to hop around.
4. An important part of buying a outdoor rabbit hutch the size of the cage. It is recommended by experts that you purchase the largest hutch you can afford. For smaller breeds of rabbit, bunnies that weigh 8 lbs the cage should be at least 24 inches by 36 inches.
5. Also it is good to find a outdoor rabbit hutch with two levels. You can add a rabbit run to the lower level so your rabbit will have room to run.
6. It is a lot better for your rabbit to live in a hutch than inside your home. There are a lot of different sizes to choose from and your rabbit will love you for it and so will your spouse.
7. One thing that you can do to your outdoor hutch is to put wheels on it so you can move it around easily. Another idea is to buy a rabbit hutch that is high off the ground so you can put storage supplies underneath it.
8. Your hutch should have a tray that is easy to remove for their droppings. Be sure that the hole to your rabbits sleeping area is large enough for your rabbit. You also want to purchase a hutch with a covered top to protect your animal from wind and rain.
9. It is really important to keep your outdoor hutch off the ground so wild predators won't get to your rabbit. Having it raised gives you access to the hutch without bending over thus making it easier for feeding and cleaning.
10. Security is also very important. Rabbits are prey for predators, whose survival depends on their natural born instincts to run from predators. The fear and anxiety can be so strong that they can die from the stress of the ordeal.
When it comes to the health and happiness of your pet rabbit, choosing a quality living environment is very important. When deciding on a Outdoor Rabbit Hutch, the quality of the dwelling will determine how it will work out for your furry little friend.
Bella Thomas has been involved with animals in one way or another since she was a little girl. She knows a lot about rabbits, dogs, cats, birds, fish, and reptiles. She lives in Sunny Pensacola, Florida with 2 dogs, a horse, 3 rabbits, and 1 cat.